Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ryan's Grandma passed away a couple weeks ago and Ryan and I went back to Morris for her funeral. I never met his Grandma as she had been in a nursing home for a couple of years. I was Ryan's surrogate crier through the visitation and funeral. Although I didn't know his Grandma, I was very sad that a life had come to an end. It brought back all these feeling that I had when my Grandma passed away. The nice part was that I was able to have some closure through the service and the pastor's prayers. When we had the ceremony for my Grandma, there was no church service involved. It was very casual and family and friend focused just the way my Grandma would have wanted it. At Ryan's Grandma's funeral, it brought me peace to hear the sermon of the pastor and hear the words that God was welcoming her and with her. During our visit to Morris, I was able to meet Ryan's extended family. Of course I wish that it had been under different circumstances, but I truly enjoyed meeting his family. His family is so kind and welcoming. I look forward to seeing them again! Hopefully I'll get to see them this summer when they go to the Lake House.

One of my very good friends from high school was married last weekend in St. Paul. I was one of 7 bridesmaids and the wedding was beautiful. We wore long espresso colored strapless gowns with multiple layers underneath. The dresses were A-line and looked two pieces but was only one piece with faux buttons in the back and a small train. I really liked the dress a lot. I do have to give it to my friends who's weddings I have been in, I think I've been very lucky to have liked all the dresses I've worn. I just wish I had a smaller chest. You'll see take a peak at the pictures and the first thing you see is my chest. Hello. Oh well. I guess it could be worse, how I'm not sure but I know it could be. After the wedding the bridal party and significant others sans Ryan because I didn't get the memo, went on a Trolly stocked with alcoholic beverages and went to the St. Thomas campus for Sarah and Mike to take some outdoor pictures, then we traveled along Mississippi along to the Stone Arch bridge. To my surprise, the Trolly was allowed on it! It was awesome. We took some pictures on the bridge of the bridal party and then went off to a bar on St. Anthony Main. I proceeded to drink, not excessively, just quickly without eating very much. Needless to say when I got to the reception I was toasty. Which was fun because Ryan was there and my mom and dad! Hooray for being drunk with mom and dad! :) It was beautiful, I can't wait to see the pictures from the photographer who's name just so happened to be Meghan with an H none the less. The reception was super fun and the food was great. I had some chicken it was good, I ate it all. That's all I really remember about the food. :)

Some pictures from the wedding:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Ryan and I ... he looked very very handsome)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(My mom, dad and I)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Silly Faces)

Monday, the 23rd, I closed on my condo. I am now officially no longer a homeowner. As of today, I am a free loader in my boyfriend's apartment. Sure I contribute by .... hmm, not sure. Jk. In a previous post I had said how scared I was to live with him (just living with somebody in general). It's been a couple weeks and I love it. I love being with him, seeing him, smelling him (yes he's kind of smelly) and hearing him laugh. It's overwhelming at times to know that we are in a one bedroom apartment and there is just no where to go, but it has also been very rewarding.

Ben and Kerry had a baby girl! Gwendolyn! She's beautiful. We went to visit her on Wednesday and then were able to see her again on Saturday! She's so precious!
Below is a picture of her:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Other than that Ryan and I have been enjoying our Sunday relaxing!

No comments: