If I have to drive anywhere by myself in the snow, I'm such a wimp. When I have a car full of people I'm totally fine. Saturday it snowed and the roads were pretty yucky. Melissa, Ryan, and I went to the History Center in St. Paul. We picked Melissa up in Apple Valley, took 35E and exited on Grand Avenue to have lunch at the Wild Onion. I was extremely nervous that I wouldn't be able to get up the steep road. Cars in front of me were turning around and going back down the hill. Melissa started doing a little chant to help my car get up the hill. The Fusion rocked. At the top of the hill there is a three way stop sign. I was chugging along and told Ryan and Melissa that I wasn't going to stop at the stop sign. Luckily, the car at the adjacent stop sign waited for me. It was fun! For the rest of the afternoon, I was asking where other big hills were. The entrance to the History Center parking lot sits in the middle of a hill. While we were waiting to make a left into the parking lot, we got to watch all the cars slowly climb the hill. It was more entertaining than the history center. I'm disappointed in the MN150 exhibit. While I understand that the 150 items were not ranked, it was very difficult to enjoy the displays as there was no rhyme or reason to the exhibit. There was another exhibit, called Lake Street, that was very neat. I love seeing old pictures next to the current ones.
On Sunday, Ryan upgraded us to better cable. Previously we only had basic cable and hardly got any stations. While we were fine for 7 months, Ryan had enough and as a Christmas present to himself, he upgraded the cable. We also are using the Comcast DVR, which is no Tivo that's for sure. The interface is hard to use. Ryan has much stronger opinions about this than me. The On Demand feature is the coolest thing. We found On Demand Karaoke! For two hours on Sunday night, Ryan and I sung our little hearts out and also finished the huge bottle of Jack Daniels. Oyi. On Demand also has a St. Louis Park Historical Society show. Barbara, the narrator, took us through a pictorial timeline of Excelsior Boulevard. It was very interesting. Barbara, however, needs to work on her public speaking skills a little more. Or else rehearse before she presents. It was nice though, it was like sitting with my grandma and listening while she reminisced about her younger years! On Sunday, Ryan also threw me down in the snow WWF style. I hit my head pretty hard I thought, but luckily Jack helped me through that! ;)
Ryan's home now! Hooray. My sister just called and said she left work at 3:30 and was only at 100 & Excelsior (which is about 4 miles from her work). She thinks she'll get home around 7pm. YUCK. Again, I love my commute.
No comments:
Post a Comment