A couple weeks ago, my sister (also my maid of honor) hosted a bridal shower for me at Maggianos. WOW. The afternoon was fun for a variety of reasons -- my friends were all in one place, good food, drinks, beautiful room and the list could go on and on. Melissa far exceeded my expectations. This was the first event Melissa has planned and I must say should anything go awray in her current position, she definitely has a future in event planning. :) A good portion of my job involves event planning and through the years I have calmed down quite a bit when it comes to planning our corporate events. I was ecstatic to only have to show up! I felt incredibly loved and so very thankful to be in a room with such amazing people; friends from middle school, friends from college, friends from work, family and soon to be family. It was truly an experience that I have never had before. I was overwhelmed with all my emotions. I received beautiful notes written in the cards from friends that I had lost touch with and then had an opportunity to reconnect with. I was nervous because I was the center of attention. I had pure excitement that we were celebrating my future commitment to Ryan. It was wonderful. Melissa picked out some yummy food in which Ryan and I were the proud recipients of all the left-overs. We are now officially sick of Manicotti, but loved it at the same time. We played some really fun games … the present stealing game and a question game. Melissa asked Ryan questions and I had to match Ryan's answers. It was very hard. The week before the shower, Ryan had made a comment about how he couldn't live without his i-Phone. Melissa asked me the following question, "What is the one thing Ryan said he can't live without?" Proudly recalling my previous conversation with Ryan, I said, "His i-Phone." I got that one wrong. Ryan said, he couldn't live without me.
Below are pictures from the shower. You can view more pictures by clicking
here.

Linda, Me and my mom

Linda and Me

The High School Crew

Zetas

My Bridesmaids
No comments:
Post a Comment