Ryan woke about an hour or so after and we pondered about what to do with our day. With both of us not really motivated to do a whole lot, it took us about two hours to come up with a plan. Ryan suggested mini golf, so we Googled and headed off to Big Stone Mini Golf and Sculpture Gardens in Mound/Minnetrista. What a neat concept. Timeless mini golf infused with steel, glass and wood sculptures. A fun twist to the traditional game for sure. We took lots of pictures and you can view them on Ryan's Facebook page. After mini golf we headed over to Snuffy's Malt shop for burgers and you guessed it, malts. Delicious. At home we were greeted with our lovely backyard wildlife which consisted of chipmunks, bluejays, squirrels and a hawk. Yes, a hawk. When we first pulled in the driveway, we thought it was an owl, it was sitting on our side steps by the door. I was scared it was hunting for chipper, but then later found our friend alive and well. We watched the hawk fly into the try above our garage and I tried desperately to get a decent picture. All I ended up with was a shadowed picture that just looks like a bird in a tree. I'll try to do better next time. We think the wildlife is looking for a new home in our yard because of the trees that were cut down across the street earlier this week. We also had a woodpecker that has put his "mark" to say the least on the back of our house that we will need to patch up! Ahh, the city wildlife. So fun.
After our nature watch, we invited ourselves over to Ken's house to see the fruits of their labor on their basement. It looks awesome. A nice addition to their basement for a family room. It's very neat. I hope their work helps them sell their house! It sure is a great house and will make an incredible home for the next owners. Our visit was short as we were off to see the movie Extract. Ryan's much better at reviews so I'll let him give the details! It was a surprisingly funny movie and I very much enjoyed it. Not being Jason Batman fan one bit, I was hesitant to go, but knew that Ryan wanted to and so I sucked it up. I'm glad I saw it. Although, I have to admit that I DO NOT like to see Ben Affleck hairy (long hair, beard). I like him clean shaved and with short hair. He was believable though!
This morning I woke at 6:45 a.m. and started my Sunday routine of laundry and going to Starbucks. See Saturday and Sunday are different. Sunday I do laundry. :) I decided to work in the front lawn pulling weeds and was glad I did early as it has warmed up very quickly. To my surprise, Ryan got up early too! I guess he was really excited for the Vikings game!
This afternoon I have big plans too! I have my first outing with my sister-in-law. I must say I am quite excited! I'm looking forward to getting together with Teresa and hanging out. We're going to see The Time Traveler's Wife and then I think there were talks of cheesecake afterwards!
2 comments:
Mini golf at a sculpture garden sounds awesome! Also, do you go to bed earlier than your husband when you wake up earlier than him? I do that and my hubby stays up all night doing Computer Stuff and then sleeps in on weekends too :-)
Yes, I seem to always go to bed earlier than Ryan. He has a good couple of hours to himself before going to bed and I, in the morning, have a good couple of hours to my self before he wakes. It works out well. Although sometimes I would like to go to bed together!
Post a Comment