Friday, July 14, 2006
I'm very excited, my condo has been on the market for about a month now and I've had some pretty steady showings. About once a week I have a showing. I think that's pretty good considering there are a plethora of condos in the Minneapolis area. I was really upset when my realtor told me the suggested sale price of my spacious 720 foot mansion. I will digress and say that I lucked out when I got my place. The previous owner had taken care of the unit very well. The kitchen was recently updated and the bathroom look good. The only eye sore at the time was the avocado green straight out of 1970 refridgerator. Since I've purchased the unit, I (or should I say my parents) have replaced the refridgerator, installed a microwave, updated all the light fixtures, replaced the kitchen and bathroom cabinet knobs, replaced the ceiling fan in the kitchen and installed a ceiling fan in my bedroom. Last year I got a Home Depot Credit Card (because I'm a home owner) and they had finance free for one year. They had this great sale on Pergo flooring so I decided to purchase the Pergo and then have it installed by Home Depot (or whoever they contract out to). Ryan I ripped out the carpeting in the dining room and family room and my dad helped take up the linoleum in the foyer and kitchen. The Pergo floors make my place look so beautiful, open and airy. Last summer I also had to get a new wall air conditioning unit. It's paid for itself as last year at this time my electric bill went from $15 in May to over $100 in June this year it only went to $40. In May I had closet organizers installed in my bedroom closet and in my big hall closet. So my point is that I've put a lot of updates in my unit and the suggested sale price was LESS than what I paid two years ago. What! Of course in Meghan fashion, what did I do, cried. Our realtor is great though, she didn't make me feel stupid but empathized with me. Anyway back to why I am excited, I have my first 2nd showing tomorrow! Woohoo. My teacher friend from VA said, "It only takes one." That's right. It does. I'm excited! Jasper totally wants a bigger place, he told me the other day! Ok, must get back to 24.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment