Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I love how a song can bring such joy and happiness to my life for those 3 to 5 minutes of awesomeness. There are certain songs that bring such elation and I thought I'd share and see what you thought of my list.

In no particular order:
Glycerine ~Bush
Betterman ~Pearl Jam
Society ~Jabberwocky
Tremendous Brunettes ~Mike Doughty
Here in your Bedroom ~Gold Finger
Why's Everybody Always Pickin' On Me? ~Bloodhound Gang
Spin the Bottle ~Juliana Hatfield
I'm Nuthin' ~Ethan Hawke
Gin and Juice ~Snoop Dogg
Regulators ~Warren G
Rump Shaker ~Wreckx-N-Effect
November Rain ~Guns N' Roses
Brian Wilson ~Bare Naked Ladies
Anna Begins ~Counting Crows
Dancing Nancies ~DMB
It's All Right ~Big Head Todd & the Monsters
Nookie ~Limp Bizkit
I Will Follow You into the Dark ~Death Cab for Cutie

Those were ones that just came off the top of my head. Of course there are others but I just remember the Friday night Hilltoppers dancing with Lance to November Rain.

I remember laying on the floor of my bedroom when I was 14 blasting Glycerine.

I remember the only reason why Matt Goatack wanted to come to my boy girl party was because I had the new Wreckx-N-Effect tape.

I remember the first time I played strip poker was listening to Bloodhound Gang.

I remember driving around the streets of Overland Park, Kansas with Katie & Sarah and some guy who I can't remember his name now, but he was driving and we were singing at the top of our lungs Brian Wilson.

Writting the lyrics to Anna Begins all over my Biology textbook cover made out of the Cub grocery bag.

Stealing my sister's Snoop Dogg and Warren G cds when she was out for the night and making a tape copy so I could listen to it on my walkman.

Society, my first Jabberwocky show when I discovered Ryan and how much I liked him and how much I enjoyed hanging out with him and his friends.

My best friend's little brother singing the sensored version of Nookie, what ... what.

Tremendous Brunettes, well duh because I am!

Dancing Nancies because I love the live versions it's different everytime and I feel like I'm back at a show.

And Death Cab for Cutie, because Ryan will always sing that song with me even if it's not on the radio. If I want to hear the song in the car, we don't look for it on the iPod, we (I) turn down the radio and Ryan starts us off.

I'm sure I could list thousands of songs that bring back memories everytime I hear them, but I think this is a good start! And plus, I don't think Ryan has blogged about this in the last two months. I either need to stop hanging around Ryan as much or get him to stop blogging about our days together for me to have something fun to type about. Hopefully I will feel more inclined to blog.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love your music posts; isn't cool how a song can bring you right back to a certain moment?

Thanks for the comments on my blog. We could be BFF, Blog Friendz Fo'evah, yeah!