Tonight is our neighborhood driveway party. The family that hosts the party happens to be our next door neighbor! I RSVPd no to the event as we were in Crosslake for Erika & Sam's wedding. We ended up getting home much earlier than I thought and now have to "hide" in our home this evening so they don't think we are liars or anti social.
Erika & Sam's wedding was beautiful. Erika is very pretty and she just looked gorgeous. Her dress was beautiful. I liked it a lot because it wasn't all beaded, it's was very simple and elegant. The best part of the wedding was being with Ryan's family! I got to see his Aunt Laurie & Uncle Rod (Erika's parents) and spend more time with Aunt Kerry and Uncle Gary (Jim's other sister). I also got to meet Julie's son Christopher who is 7 months. He was so cute. He has the cutest face and smiles so big when you look at him. I loved seeing his little teeth. I also have to say that Ryan's nephew and niece are the most well behaved children ever. I don't know why I said well behaved for Peyton as she is only 4 weeks, so she just slept the entire day! :) She didn't cry at all during the ceremony. Keegan is so cute. I could watch him for days and he could keep me entertained. He does funny faces that are hilarious. His dance moves are awesome too. He reminds me of my boss dancing.
The weather was perfect after all the rain we had, Saturday turned out to be a beautiful sunny day and it wasn't hot either! The food was good and the company was great.
Now it's back to being at home; I am now on load #2 of 4 of our laundry and have to also do some cleaning.
I'm hosting a bridal shower for a coworker on Tuesday. We have about 15 ladies coming over right after work around 5:30. Two other coworkers are hosting the shower with me and are helping a lot with the food and decorating. One of the girls said she would host it when we had decided on having it on a Saturday, but then when it got changed to a week night she said that she couldn't kick her husband out as he would have no where to go. I asked Ryan if he would mind being out of the house for a couple hours and I think he loved the idea! Although, he could very well stay at home. We would be in the great room and he could hang out upstairs or in his office like he does anyway! I think he's excited to maybe go over to Ben's. Hopefully Ben is home. So that's how I got to have the pleasure of having it at our house. Oyi. I suggested having a taco bar and the other girls liked that idea. One of the girls has a buffet type warmer so that will be perfect to keep the meat warm. I am buying the precooked chicken & beef from Costco; all you have to do is heat it. I think the only other thing I'm responsible for is the drinks (soda, beer & wine). One girl is bringing beans & rice and a cake and the other is bringing the chips, salsa, and all the other fixings. I think it will work out great! I'm going to ask my boss if I can work 7-4 the day of the shower. One girl said she'd also work 7-4 to help me setup. I'm not sure I like that idea. I know I'll have to come home and probably pick up and do some last minute cleaning or something and I don't really want to have her there. Although it would be nice to have the help. I'm undecided. I'll probably just have her come because she wants to. I'm also not too excited about playing the games. I like playing the games when I go to a shower, but I don't like planning the games. I think I'm nervous if people will think they are stupid. Shoot, I have to go to Bed Bath & Beyond or Linens & Things to get the items for the game I suggested. One of the games is the memory game where kitchen utensils are placed on a tray and the guests are shown the tray and then have to write down as many objects as they remember once the tray is taken away. The bride then explains what each utensil is and its use. The game is funny because there are a couple items she hopefully won't know the name or its use! :)
Thursday I have a half day and then Ryan & I are joining my sister in Savannah to spend time with my mom & dad! I'm excited to see my mom! I haven't seen her since Ryan & I were engaged. We got to see my dad earlier this week as he was in town for a convention and stayed with Ryan & I on Monday & Tuesday. We had a nice time with him. We introduced my dad to the Wii. We told my mom we took him bowling, golfing, and out to play tennis! He he. We played it all on the Wii. Ryan even went out and got a 4th controller so Melis, Dad, Ryan & I all played. We had so much fun!
I have to go check on our laundry! Hopefully I'll get some pictures of the wedding posted on here. Linda, Teresa, & Jim all had cameras and I asked them to forward me the pictures (or put them on snapfish or something).
2 comments:
I have posted pictures on my picasa web album. Ryan should have the address.
Post a Comment