Thursday, January 17, 2008

Has it really been over two weeks since I've blogged? Wow, either I've been really busy or nothing too exciting is going on!

Let's see if I can accurately recap these past couple of weeks ...

New Years Eve was a blast! I enjoyed a half day company holiday alone at home watching the Jon & Kate Plus Eight marathon. I'm defineatly hooked on that show. It's very funny. It's also a realistic insight to married life. I especially loved one of the previews where husband Jon was being jerky and wife Kate said, "What's your problem?" Jon replied with, "You." It depicts the american family so well. Minus the two sets of multiples! One of the episodes I did find rather funny and ironic. In the episode, Kate talked a lot about eating organic products and using organic cleaning products and how importatnt it is for their family to not have all the chemicals that are associated with non-organic foods, yet she went through fertility treatments to have her children. Maybe I'm just ignorant in the subject. I'm all for fertility treatments, I just don't know how you can say it's so important to live an organic lifestyle when that's not how your family was created. None the less, it's a good show. I enjoy it. And I have added it to our DVR to record.

Watching Jon & Kate Plus Eight wasn't all I did on NYE! We rented hotel rooms at the Marriott and partied it up! I drank a lot and become drunk rather quickly, I was surprised that I lasted longer than Ryan! He says it's because I made him do the shots with me. I love Irish Car Bombs -- Guiness with a shot of Baileys and Jameson, you drop the shot in the Guiness and drink away! Yummy. We were at an Irish bar, it was a necessity. I did NOT twist Ryan's arm, he took both shots on his own. I put him to bed at 12: 01a.m. He was tired and unfortunately felt like crap the next day. Luckily, on New Years Day, there was a Biggest Loser marathon on Bravo. We watched TBL from 12pm - 7pm then watched the premier of Biggest Loser Couples from 7pm-9pm. Yes, 9 consecutive hours of Biggest Loser while we just laid on the couch and ejoyed the New Year!

Work has been going well. My boss was out of town on a family trip for 10 days. I enjoyed getting projects completed that I normally don't have time to work on.

Two weeks ago, I went to Chicago for my girlfriend's bachelorette party. We had such a blast. Though we don't get to talk to each other as often as we would like, it's nice when we get together because it feels like we've never left. In May, we will be out of school for 5 years. In these past 5 years, it's been so nice watching each other grow up; become homeowners, start our careers, marry our true love, and become mothers. I hope that even after all the weddings are done that we still get together. I'm sure we will, we'll always have Homecoming! He he. Ryan and I will be traveling down to Iowa next weekend for Alison's wedding

Last weekend, I bought my wedding dress. Thank you to Betsy who recommended Brides of France. The experience at BoF was so different than any other bridal shop. I felt like they cared about me. Melissa and I had a plan: go to BoF try the dress on again, take pictures, go to lunch and discuss if I wanted the dress, and then go back and buy it if necessary. But as soon as I put the dress on, our plan went out the window. I wanted it! I loved it. I love everything about the dress. It's just me. It's elegant without being super beady (is that a word). I love the train ... not too long, not too short, just right. I love how it comes up a little higher in the back. It makes me feel beautiful. It should be in by April! :) Once it comes in, I want to wear it everyday! That's how much I love it. After trying on dozens (maybe not that many) of dresses and finally finding the one, it's such a great sense of relief. Hooray. Now we can shop for bridesmaids dresses that compliment my dress. :)

Yesterday was my birthday! Happy Birthday to me! Everytime I looked in the mirror, I heard, "They say it's your birthday. Nahnahnahnah. Happy Birthday to you." I know I'm a nerd. This was the first birthday in 27 years that I was not with my mom, dad, or sister. Ryan did a fantastic job! He later admitted that he was nervous about planning my birthday since he never had to do it. I came home from work to find Ryan sitting at the kitchen table with my birthday cake and candles lit! So cute. He sang happy birthday to me and then I opened my gift! Ryan knows how much I love hotels and swimming so he booked us a little weekend get away so we could go swimming and just relax! I can't wait. He also gave me these cute fuzzy pink slippers. They make my feet nice and toasty. After opening my presents, we went to Bar Abilene where I enjoyed a couple margaritas and a yummy Southwestern Chicken salad. During dinner we decided that we were going to go to Mystic. Why? I don't know. Ryan hadn't been there before and why not. We didn't stay very long and were very confused by the slot machines we were playing, we had no idea how to even win! Very confusing and not as fun as we had thought it was going to be. And come to find out, Mystic no longer has Wheel of Fortune. WHAT? Seriously? That was my favorite nickel slot in high school. Oh well. We got it out of our system and drove back home. It was a really great day! On Saturday, we're going out to dinner with my sister to celebrate my birthday! I like to have week long celebrations. Some of my friends, who shall remain nameless, like to celebrate all month long.

One of my coworkers last weekend make a comment that offended me. Now, I'm not one who gets easily offended (while I might pretend) by off hand comments, but for some reason this one left a bad taste with me. My male coworker and I were bantering back and forth like we normally do because it's fun. A female coworker chimed in and said, "Geesh Scott, (not his real name), you're worse than a female." I don't know why that bothered me. It just did. I think probably because she wasn't even in our conversation. Anyway ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.