Saturday, February 02, 2008

What a fun day. I went to my sister's house and we went to work out then we went back to her house and got ready to meet the rest of the bridesmaids, sans Jen at Davids Bridal. Davids Bridal was a ZOO. A complete madhouse of brides. We had a 12 o'clock appointment and were in and out of there in an hour tops. Surprisingly all the girls liked the dress I picked out and it looked gorgeous on all of them. I cannot wait to see them all together in the dresses. They are going to look H-O-T! After dress shopping we headed to Majors to enjoy some libations and food and good conversation.

Last night Ryan and I went to the Dorkestra (the Minnesota Orchestra playing music from Science-Fiction movies). We got ourselves cultured. I can say without hesitation that I never want to go to the Orchestra again. Now, don't get me wrong, it was hella cool, but at the sametime quite boring. We were excited for the Star Trek and the Star Wars music only to find out that those songs wrapped up the evening, of course. There were three highlights of the evening: 1. Seeing my coworker who moonlights as an Orchestra Hall employee. 2. Trying to get our coats in the 25cent lockers. I put our coats in, put in the quarter, shut the locker, and the darn key wouldn't come out. I tried again and no key. I opened the locker, took our coats out, and moved to another locker that did take my quarter and I was able to get the key out. 3. In the first balcony there was some sort of medical emergency. I first noticed a guy in an orange sweater out of the corner of my eye quickly trying to exit during one of the songs (are they called songs during an orchestra performance?) climbing over a half dozen people to the exit. Then I saw what appeared to be an older man being comforted by what I assume was his wife. She was fanning him and rubbing his back. He took his sweater off. A couple ushers came to sit with him, an usher left, and then the orange sweater guy returned. A couple minutes later two paramedics came in and helped him out of his seat. I hope the man is ok. All this went on without any disruption of the performance. I think Ryan and I might have been the only ones bored enough to notice this little episode. All in all it was an enjoyable experience, an experience I am glad that I had. Now I know. I think I was more excited for the performance because the local radio station was promoting it big time. George Takei from Star Trek narrated the performance and a screen behind the orchestra projected images of space. The radio made it sound way more cool with images from the Hubble Telescope. Yeah, more like images taken from a Google image search and pasted into a powerpoint presentation. Perhaps they were scanned in photos from an encyclopedia. Who knows. The best image was of some kids playing soccer. How that related to Mars I have no idea; I only wish Ryan had seen that slide so we could laugh about it together. Instead, I laughed inside while I heard the couple to my right talk about how odd that was.

Most of you who read this also read Ryan's blog and for that I am sorry. I apologize that my soon-to-be other half has resorted to blogging about his bowl movements or lack thereof. GROSS. I get to marry him. Super. :) I do hope that he has more to write so that that thread can move off of the front page. Please, give Ryan topics to blog about! :) I also have a different theory of why he got sick. I don't think it was the working out so much as the bacteria or other yuckiness that was transmitted from his treadmill to his hands then to his face. I encourage him to wash his hands with more diligence, but apparently he doesn't. He typically does have good hand washing habits, but apparently not after he worked out.

And in other exciting news, Ryan and I bought our first piece of new furniture for our house together! Hooray. We now have a HUGE sectional couch for our great room. Ryan spent the morning today reconfiguring the great room which involved moving all the tv and stereo equipment along with the sectional. It looks fantastic. The way we had it set up before was just like we did with the green couch. Our new couch is much bigger than the green one and when you walked into the great room, the room all of a sudden lost it's greatness. The furniture no longer fit. Now we have the tv in the alcove and the couch along the wall and windows. It makes it look more open and even more inviting for our next purchase of an HDTV. I cannot wait to get one. :)

Hooray for February, were we have all of our weekends booked! This weekend was booked with hanging out with the girls and having a couple friends over for the Superbowl. Next weekend Ryan and I are going to Live God's Love! Yes that's right, we are looking forward to learning how to Live God's Love, also known as Catholic marriage preparation class. W00t. We go on Friday night from 7pm-9pm then on Saturday from 9am-7pm. I'm assuming we'll learn how to um, live God's love, fight fair, and all that other good stuff. I think I'm nervous because I'm not sure what to expect. In my head it's like an intervention. I'm also excited though. I'm excited to see how compatible Ryan and I really are ... kind of like taking those quizzes in Cosmo. Yeah right. I'm going in with a positive attitude and love in my heart and that's the best I think I can do.

I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening on the couch with my honey and our cat tonight and perhaps some Tahn-Do depending on Ryan's tummy. Mmmm Tahn-Do.

No comments: