After weeks of having my condo on the market, I accepted an offer after many tears and calls to my family and Ryan. Because the market is in favor of the buyer, the lady that is purchasing my home got a heck of a deal. I hope she appreciates all the updates! Not to mention the closet organizers my mom just put in for me! Thanks mom. I loved it for those couple of weeks. :) I have to remember that it's all relative, the buyer tried to get the best deal possible and she did, now when Ryan and I buy a home we too will try to get the best deal. After careful consideration, Ryan and I decided to stay in his apartment for about six months and save money and hopefully start looking again in May. I was very worried how we would both be saving money at the same time and we came up with a brilliant plan, we will live off of his salary for the time that I am in the apartment and save my income since I'm a better saver, sans Caribou runs, Target, the Mall, etc. etc.
I'm a little concerned about moving in with Ryan, I'm not going to lie. It's not because of Ryan it's because I am not friends with any of my past roommates. My freshman year roommate, not friends with. My sophomore year roommates, not friends with (well they are still my friends but we aren't as close as we were before we lived together). My junior year roommates I don't really keep in touch with. D I do when we go to Iowa functions or Zeta reunions of weddings and such. Mainly I think it was the time right after we stopped living together. All of our little annoyances really got to each other. Ok so maybe I do set my alarm an hour before I actually have to get up, but I like listening to the radio doesn't everybody else? Keep in mind that freshman year was the dorms and sophomore and junior years were in a 4x4 room in the sorority house and I shared with two other girls. Maybe not that small but it was tight quarters. Senior year was different I got an apartment with two girls who were super close with each other and I was just so so friends with them, granted we were all sorority sisters so we had that instant bond, but we we weren't very close. After graduation we went our separate ways. I think one of them is married and the other is in Chicago somewhere doing something.
Anyway, my point is I'm nervous that all Meghan all the time will be a little too much for Ryan. Maybe not. I don't know. He's super patient. I'm not. I voice every concern I have the moment I have it. He does not. I'm worried that because he's so calm, I'll make him snap and then it'll be bad. Well I guess not that bad, I would have saved all my money and I could go out on my own! HA. That's right. Nah. I love him. He's the best part of my life. I didn't really understand what people meant when they would say things like, "Oh you'll know when you're in love" "Just wait until you're in love". I didn't get it. Now I do. He's so amazing. His family is awesome. He has great friends. And the best part ... Jasper. I love Jasper. He's so cool. He knows the sound of my car I swear. When I come home from work or over on lunch, he hears my car and is in the window. I can see his mouth meow because he knows it's me. He runs to the door to greet me and give me love. He's really a neat cat.
Ryan, Melissa and I went to BodyWorlds last night at the Science Museum. Before we went to the Museum, we stopped at a Famous Dave's shack for dinner. It was awesome. I got the Hickory Chicken sandwich that had cheese and bacon on it. It was yummy. Ryan got the beef brisket which tasted like the Black Smith's house in the Naper Settlement. It was weird. I took a taste, a small taste at that, and I was instantly transported back to the 4th grade when my Grandma would take me to the Naper Settlement! Melissa got the pulled chicken, I didn't taste hers but she enjoyed it. BodyWorlds was really interesting. I have to admit, I was expecting more. All the hype about the exhibit made me think that there would be so many more bodies on display. There weren't as many as I thought. It was still very cool to see. I got to see what a pacemaker looked like inside of a body, what artificial hips look like, what pins and rods look like. I also found the woman with the baby inside of her very fascinating as well.
Ryan's home now. We are going to Joe and Sarah's house tonight for a get together. Tomorrow are their bachelor/bachelorette parties and since they have out of town guests coming in they are hosting a gathering this evening!
4 comments:
You never have to worry about me getting sick of you, beautiful. :^)
I also worried before I moved in with Austin since all of my previous roommates sucked but living with your "lovah" is sooo different than living with college-y roommates. Moving in with A was one of the best things I ever did and we had to live in a small 2 bedroom apt for a year before getting into our 2200 sq ft townhouse. It was worth it!
Now don't forget the unwritten rule, I posted a comment on your blog now you gotta comment on mine :) estacionliceu.blogspot.com
Also, I just subscribed to your blog and I'm the first one to subscribe! Yay! I win! RJN sucks for not subscribing :-P
Hey, I don't suck! I just don't how to subscribe! LOL
OOOOOH, but I bet I can make blog posts from here show up on my blog! HAH HAH HAH!
Post a Comment