Since my house was on the market, I have a lockbox out by my mailbox for Realtors to access to my condo. I only have two building keys and they are $50 to get a spare, so I asked my Realtor if she could give me the code to the lockbox so I could have access to the keys. She gave me the number code and Ryan's been using the keys in the lockbox to get into my condo when he comes over, it's real convenient. Especially on a day like today when it's been raining all day and I had a strange feeling I left my sliding glass door open. Since water is Pergo's enemy (what the Pergo floor installer told me after the installation), I asked Ryan if he could pop over to my house over his lunch break to check my door. I got a call from Ryan about 20 minutes later saying he couldn't get into my building because the lockbox isn't there. He tried the code on the lockbox and it didn't work so he assumed it was the wrong lockbox. I would totally think that too, but I'll write more about that later. I didn't really think anything of it, I thought that maybe my Realtor had come over to get it since the property had been sold and I figured I would call her after work. Well, after work came and I was on my way to Ryan's house when I called my Realtor, she didn't move the lockbox. At this point I freaked out a little bit because she made me nervous. She said that if the lockbox is gone that means that somebody may have been in my condo. Great, all I could think about was going back to my house and opening the door to an empty condo. Which now that I think about it wouldn't be all that bad, I wouldn't have to move anything and my insurance would cover it. I called Ryan who was on the rode still and told him about the news. We decided to go to dinner and then head over to my place to check it out. When we walked into the lobby area of the condo, I noticed the lockbox from my Realtor and said to Ryan here it is. The funny part about it is that my Realtor put her PICTURED BUSINESS CARD on the freaking lockbox. He he. I did try the lockbox with the same code that Ryan was using and in his defensive I too had difficultly opening the lockbox. After a couple more tries I was able to open it! Hooray. And my condo had all its belongings in it! Hooray again! I love life. I especially love my life with Ryan. He is so amazing and makes me laugh all the time. The great part about our relationship is we can laugh about things like this! Hooray!
On a side note, thanks for the comments!
No comments:
Post a Comment