Sunday, April 27, 2008

I love having two cats. I hope we don't have to give Ace back! A couple weeks ago, we started watching our friend's cat Ace. Their son is allergic to cats and we offered to take Ace for a while and see if the son's allergies improved.

The plan was to have Ace at our house for three weeks. At first Ryan and I were really nervous about brining a new cat into the mix. Jasper is so cool that we didn't want another cat to mess with his really fun personality. We thought that by introducing Ace into our home that Jasper would get mad at us and then hid all day and not be the playful kitty that he is. After two weeks, I can honestly say that I had nothing to worry about! The two cats are great together! The first day, whenever they saw each other they did a little hissing, but nothing big. Now they're buds! They play all the time. Jasper even mimicks Ace. Ace, for lack of a better word, whines when he he wants to be pet. He walks around doing a very soft meow, pawing at my legs, until my hand touches his head and keeps scratching his head. Jasper now does this too. Two whining kitties. :) A couple nights ago, both cats were on the bed with me. Jasper was above my head on the pillow like he normally is and Ace was at the bottom of the bed in between my feet! It was so cool. They really do keep each other company. And I honestly think they have a good time playing together too!

I suppose if our friends want their cat back, then we will have to give Ace back. I'm hoping that they will let him stay here though! It's entertaining for us!

No comments: