Sunday, April 27, 2008

Last weekend, Ryan and I registered for wedding gifts. I think we're like most couples now who get married, we already have a lot of things for our house. The kitchen seems to be good! Although, it would be nice to have 8 matching plates instead of 4 white ones, 2 green ones, and 2 cream and blue ones. Plus the plate from my mom's set (she sent me home with a plate of left overs one Sunday) and one plastic plate from my sister's (she made a cake and brought the cake over on the plate and I never gave it back). I also remembered that we have my sister's brownie pan with a lid that I've never given back. I guess maybe we do need some items! On Saturday, we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond! It was so much fun. I think I was overly concerned about what the guests would think of our registry rather than focusing on what we would like to receive as gifts, "No honey we can't register for the $400 skillet, let's scan this $50 one." We have expensive taste what can I say? The associate did tell us to make it a wish list! If you don't get it, so what, at least you have record of what you like. The registry's stay in the Bed, Bath and Beyond system for 2 years. The associated also recommend that we scan 200 items. We were there for an hour and a half and scanned 165 items. After Bed, Bath and Beyond we were going to hit up some other stores, but I was pooped out. It was tough work! On Sunday, we headed over to the new Crate & Barrel at the Galleria. Have I mentioned before how much I love Crate & Barrel? Well I do. The store is relatively new and amazing. It's so bright and busy. There were at least 4 other couples walking around the store with a scanner too. Much of the conversation was the same, male, "Honey, we should scan the lemon zester." Female, "Seriously, are we going to use the lemon zester?" Male, "Who cares, it's cool." We'd still like to register at Target and Sears (for tools). Should our guests deem it necessary to get us a gift, we feel that we will have a very nice selection for them to choose from!

No comments: