Wednesday, October 08, 2008

According to TheKnot.com, Ryan and I have been newlyweds for 11 days. Go us!

The day went by so fast and each day since our marriage (all 11 days), I have been trying to remember each detail by replaying the day over and over in my head. The memory that keeps coming to me (again only 11 days ago) is of my dad and I right before we walked down the aisle together. A couple weeks before the wedding, my dad and I had been talking about not crying during our walk. I'm a daddy's girl and we both knew it was inevitable that I was going to cry, rather ball down the aisle, even though I was going to try my hardest not to cry. I wanted to see everything clearly and not have my eyes filled with tears down the aisle. So the day of the wedding, my dad and I are standing in the back of the church and we're going over our game plan of not crying. Leave it to my dad to come up with a clever way to keep us both from crying ... talking down the aisle! I was concentrating so hard on what my dad was saying that I didn't have time to cry! :) Our conversation went something like this ... Should we go? I don't know should we? Let's wait. I think I'm suppose to get a different song before I start walking down the aisle. Oh you are? I don't know. Let's wait. Should we go? Let's go. Ok, we're going. Hey Meg there's your cousin. I see Mr. Wicks. Look there's Sue, cousin Sue. It was great. I wouldn't have changed those moments with my dad for anything. I will always remember it and cherish that memory forever. It was exactly what we both needed to get down the aisle and I loved every minute of it.


No comments: