I can't believe that for the past year we were planning a wedding and in a day that's all over! I am extremely excited that we no longer have to plan a wedding. I also feel very blessed to have been able to marry the most wonderful man. Who might I add has a pretty incredible family. I'm not just typing this because they are the only ones who read my blog, but seriously they are amazing. I am truly honored to also be a part of their family. Thank you for welcoming me with open arms.
The wedding day is a complete blur. I don't remember a whole lot except that all my family and friends were in one place at the same time which was pretty cool. One of my girlfriends told me that when she looked out to the tables at dinner at her wedding she was amazed that she knew everybody and when I looked at all the tables, I too had that same feeling. It's so crazy. We will never go to another wedding where we know everybody! I only hope that our guests had as much fun as Ryan and I did. I cannot wait to get our pictures back and have very much enjoyed seeing our family and friends pictures of the day! Four weeks is a long time to wait! :)
Ryan and I left on Monday for Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and had a wonderful time doing absolutely nothing but burning, swimming, drinking and relaxing. The views were breathtaking and being on our honeymoon was such a great reward and well worth the wait.
Our flight down to Mexico took forever! We booked through Expedia and since we were very specific about the dates (Monday-Friday) we had a crappy flight going down. We left Minneapolis at 7:45 a.m. and flew to Phoenix which is two hours behind us (Mountain time) had about an hour and half lay over where we ate pizza and breadsticks at 10:30 a.m. From Phoenix, we traveled to Mexico City, Mexico back to Central time. We had about a 2 1/2 hour lay over. Mexico City customs was messed up. Our bags were checked all the way through to Cabo, but we still had to go through customs. It was very laxed. And made me a little uneasy, but oh well, I was just visiting this country. I will say that the Mexico City Airport bathrooms were extremely clean and well cared for by the attendants! Once we boarded our Mexicana flight to Cabo we were so excited! We finally arrived in Cabo (which is an hour behind Central Time) only to discover there was some sort of malfunction with the airplane and had to be towed from the runway. We were slowly towed on the tarmac for about 45 minutes before arriving the terminal safe and sound and at 8:00 p.m. We were able to get a taxi from the airport to the hotel for less than the reviews said online because we signed up for a timeshare thing that we never went to (I'm sure Ryan will blog about this more). The ride to the hotel was dark and seemed to take a while because I was freezing and the Mexican girls in the taxi with us spoke to the driver the entire time. It was fun listening but I wanted to get to our hotel and unpack.
The check-in process was great ... we arrived and the staff greeted Mr. Nelson right away (we must have been the only ones who hadn't yet checked in the for day). We took the long journey to our room in building 7 (the best building according to the reviews online) and tried to see our view, but it was dark and all we heard were the waves breaking and we thought we must be somewhat close to the ocean. We were pooped from our long day of travel and drank the liquor from the room and watched Dexter in bed. We were pleasantly surprised when we woke the next morning and discovered our beautiful view! Amazing. We ate breakfast and were also surprised that the food was pretty good. We had read reviews that the food sucked, but believe me we did not go hungry while we were there! The next three days consisted of waking up, eating breakfast, putting sun screen on, laying by the pool for four hours, eating lunch followed by laying at the pool for another four hours oh and mix in drinking and talking to drunk people! It was perfect. On Wednesday we did venture to Wal-Mart and then downtown to Cabo Wabo for some beers. Cabo Wabo is Sammy Hagar's place. I heard he sold his Cabo Wabo tequila business for $15 million and that with his birthday on the 13th him and his wife would be in Cabo on Friday (October 3), at least that was the word in the pool. Since we personally did not have a Sammy spotting at Cabo Wabo, our second option was a picture of Ryan standing next to a picture of Sammy. :) I couldn't find my digital camera before we left so I bought a disposable camera while we were down there and have yet to go get the film developed, but I will do that today and post pictures later!
We discovered a fun game. The waves and current are so strong that it is recommended that you not swim in the ocean. Cabo is right were the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean meet and has extremely dangerous currents and waves. Further up you can swim but definitely not where our resort was. Anyway, the waves and water come up pretty high on the beach. Ryan and I would sit in the sand (very high up on the beach not close to the water) and wait for a big wave to come rushing to the shore. There was one wave that knocked us both around and after that we called it quits but it was fun. Not so much fun having sand everywhere and having to dig out clumps of it from the lining of your bathing suit. We even had a scare and Ryan's wedding ring fell off in the sand. Luckily we found it! And that was another reason we decided our game was over.
The evenings at the resort were fun. The sun, heat and all that alcohol really tires you out. After dinner we'd try to go see the show that the resort has but would have to leave to return to our rooms because we were tired.
The most random thing that happened while we were there ...
Ryan and I went to sports bar to watch the last couple of innings of the Twins and Sox. We were sitting there enjoying our Coronas in the air-conditioned building and this girl comes up to me and asked if we got married on Saturday. I replied yes and she then asked if it was at the Doubletree. I said yes again and then it clicked she was the other bride at the Doubletree! What are the chances of that? In all off the places in the entire world where you could go on your honeymoon, never mind in the world, in all the resorts in Cabo what are the chances that the other couple that also had their reception at the Doubletree on the same night we did, would also be at the same hotel on their honeymoon in the sports bar watching the Twins?! Holy cow. Ryan and I were flabbergasted. We chuckled and I told her she had good taste (after I jokingly said that she ruined my honeymoon too). It was fun! I think we saw them one other time that night and then didn't see them again for the rest of the trip! What a small world. We semi knew someone! We also met this nice couple who had been married for 30 years from Oshkosh, WI. They are bar owners and we told them we would come and visit them. Ryan has always wanted to go to Oshkosh! He he.
So that's our trip. Our flight home was pretty uneventful. Thankfully we flew Cabo to Phoenix to Minneapolis. Melissa picked us up at the airport and we came home to a nice and clean house (thanks Mom!) and kitties that were still alive (thanks Melis!).
Thank you to everyone who supported us and continues to give us love and support. We are very very blessed to have such an amazing family and wonderful friends.
Pictures
No comments:
Post a Comment