Hooray, I got to leave work today at 5:00 p.m! Much different than yesterday's leave time of 6:45 p.m. Only today I was not home at 5:15. No sir-re Bob. Right when I got on 169, I ran over something. It sounded big, but when I looked in my rearview mirror there wasn't anything to be seen. Then right before the 394 exit my car starts shaking. Yup, I got a flat tire. My legs started shaking and all I could think was holy crap this has to be the worst spot to pull over. I was a moron and got off on 394 and right before the metered lights I pulled up on the curb. Stupid stupid me. Luckily nothing bad happened. Then I saw my boss and got even more nervous. His big Expedition pulled up along side of me and then in front of me and he got out of the car to help me. My boss assessed the situation, told me it would be ok and then he followed me to the next exit at Hopkins Crossroad. If you know the area, you know that there are NO GAS STATIONS (well there's a Holiday on Shelard but to get there I would have to exit at Hopkins Crossroad and double back). My boss followed me to a parking lot. He offered to drive me home or wait with me until Ryan came. I was so embarrassed. I politely told him that I would be ok and thanked him for making sure I was safe. My husband came to the rescue and changed the flat super quick. I called the dealer and they told me to come right in. I drove on the donut while Ryan followed behind me!
What a week ... fall down the stairs and flat tire with my boss to witness. Great.
1 comment:
bummer about the flat tire...I've had two in the last year...one very close to where you were (I was getting onto 394 from 100 -- had to change the tire on the louisiana exit. blech.)
Post a Comment